- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used raw)
- 1 cup milk (I used a 155ml can of coconut cream and made up the extra 1/4 cup with soy milk)
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 170C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Pour into pan and bake.
I told you it was easy! Eat as is, or top with butter or icing. I don't think it needs either, with the coconut cream the bread is sweet enough and doesn't need anything extra.
- The recipe freezes beautifully. I cut it into pieces and freeze each slice individually for ease of defrosting and future snacking.
- You could easily make this into cupcakes as well, just adjust the baking time to suit.
- I ran out, but if you use gluten free flour, you're ticking all the dietary bases with this recipe, which also makes it perfect to share with friends.
- A splash of vanilla essence added would also be delicious.
Inspire me! What are your freezer friendly meals/snacks?